Police Interrogations: Can Police Unravel a Mother's Death?
Huntington Beach, CA, September 17, 2006
The body of Barbara Mullinex was found covered with stab wounds in the soggy remains of a cardboard box in Newport Harbor. Her 17-year-old daughter, Rachael, and Rachel's fianc?, Ian Allen, fled the state right after the murder, but were soon found and brought in for questioning.
Although Rachel Mullinex continued to say that her boyfriend acted alone, both she and Allen were found guilty of murder, and sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
Watch the entire episode of the "48 Hours | Mystery," "Lady in the Harbor."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles