Semi-Naked and Semi-Automatic: Cops Busted for Busty Stunt
MIDLAND, Texas (CBS/AP) An embarrassed Sheriff Gary Painter fired one Midland County deputy and suspended three others without pay after a scantily dressed waitress holding a rifle posed for photographs on the trunk of a patrol vehicle.
Round Rock officers were dispatched to the restaurant after someone reported the waitress with the weapon, which had been given to her by one of the deputies who had been attending a training session near Austin.
The incident occurred last week in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks Restaurant and Bar, which promotes its "fun, friendly and sometimes flirty atmosphere!"
The deputies told Painter that they had about three to five beers each.
A fifth deputy who remained inside the eatery got a letter of reprimand.
More At The Midland Reporter-Telegram
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin