Teen Finds Dad "Gushing Blood," Mom Decapitated
BELLE TERRE, N.Y., September 7, 1988
Seventeen-year-old Martin Tankleff calls 911 when he finds his father bludgeoned and stabbed and barely clinging to life. His mother, nearly decapitated, lay dead on the bedroom floor.
Martin Tankleff is found guilty of the double murder, many believe because of a coerced confession and a lax investigation. After several appeals, national publicity and 17 years in prison, Tankleff's conviction is overturned and all charges are dropped
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor