Michael Douglas' Son Busted at Posh NYC Hotel
NEW YORK (AP) It can't be easy being the son of a fabulously rich and famous father, who, was in turn, the son of a fabulously famous Hollywood scion.
At least that's how it appears for the son of Oscar-winning actor Michael Douglas, who has been arrested on a drug charge at an upscale New York City hotel, according to law enforcement officials.
Two people familiar with the investigation say 30-year-old Cameron Douglas was arrested July 28 on a methamphetamine-dealing charge at the Hotel Gansevoort in Manhattan. They spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
Cameron Douglas has acted in movies including 2003's "It Runs in the Family," starring his father and grandfather Kirk Douglas.
He also was arrested in California in 2007 on cocaine possession charges. His attorney then said the arresting officer didn't do his job properly.
There's no telephone listing for him. It's unclear whether he has a new attorney.
Michael Douglas' publicist and agent haven't returned calls.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Authorities search for missing URI student