Super Bowl Star Plaxico Burress Testifies
Burress and his attorney, Benjamin Brafman, made no remarks Wednesday as they entered the lower Manhattan courthouse.
The 31-year-old Burress shot himself in the thigh at a Manhattan nightclub in November.
He was charged with weapon possession and faces up to 3? years in prison. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $100,000 bail. The Giants released him in April.
The New York Post has reported that Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau is insisting on jail time for Burress. Brafman has criticized Morgenthau, saying his comments could prejudice the grand jury.
PREVIOUSLY ON CRIMESIDER
July 28, 2009 - Paper: NFL Giant Antonio Pierce May Face Gun Charge
July 27, 2009 - DA Wants Jail For NFL Star Plaxico Burress
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15