American Idol Hopeful Killed by Hit and Run Driver, Police Say
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (CBS/AP) Authorities have arrested a man in a deadly collision that claimed the life of a former "American Idol" contestant at the New Jersey shore.
Authorities say Alexis Cohen, 24, of Allentown, Pa., sustained fatal abdomen, chest and head injuries after she was hit by a vehicle in Seaside Heights early Saturday.
Cohen is best known for her angry rejection rant during "Idol's" seventh season. She also auditioned unsuccessfully for season eight, last year.
Police have ruled the cause of her death vehicular homicide, according to the Asbury Park Press.
Police charged Daniel Bark, 23, from Toms River, NJ, with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.
If convicted, Bark could reportedly get 10 to 15 years behind bars. He's being held in lieu of $35,000 bail.
More At The Asbury Park Press
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison