911: Funeral Home Brawl
CLEVELAND, OHIO (CBS/AP) The dead man didn't rest in peace.
At Detrick Simmons' funeral, a battle erupted between his current wife and ex-wife over custody of his 12-year-old girl, Antonia.
Simmons' ex-wife, who is the girl's biological mother, allegedly grabbed Antonia and dragged her out of the service, starting a chaotic brawl that involved 30 people and was captured on a dramatic 911 tape.
Police promptly arrived at the scene to break up the melee. One person was arrested on an outstanding warrant, according to FOX 8 Cleveland.
While no charges have yet been filed, the fight for custody of Antonia now moves to a family court room.
Antonia Simmons was living with her father and her step-mother, Tina Simmons, at the time of Mr. Simmons' death.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case