"Calculated Seduction" - High School Math Teacher Accused of Minivan Sex with Student
LANSDALE, Pa. (CBS/AP) Prosecutors are calling it a "calculated seduction."
A math teacher at a suburban Philadelphia high school who's accused of having sex with one of her students and sending sexually explicit messages to another has been ordered to stand trial.
Prosecutors say Heather Lynne Zeo had sex with one of her students in the back seat of her family minivan and was reportedly kissing and fondling the student inside her classroom, according to CNN.
Zeo also had sexually explicit chats with another student on the social networking site Facebook, according to prosecutors. CNN reports the student claimed he was told to delete any evidence of the conversation.
Both of the students are 17-year-old boys.
Zeo has been suspended from her job at North Penn High School in Lansdale.
A Montgomery County prosecutor said at Wednesday's hearing for the 36-year-old teacher that Zeo engaged in a "calculated seduction." Defense lawyer Marc Neff says the boys were the aggressors.
Zeo is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and four counts of corruption of minors.
She is married and has three children and maintains a website where she has published songs that teach Christian messages and also musical ways to learn math.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt