911: Man Calls Police to Report He's Robbing Bank
The man told the operator he wasn't armed and had a robbery note. The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the man insisted on being arrested after an officer walked in behind him Wednesday at the Wachovia bank branch.
Detective Ryan Singleton says the man had recently quit his job as a sandwich maker and given his possessions to a roommate before going to the bank.
A police report said 52-year-old Terrence Joseph Germani was charged with felony attempted common law robbery and was in the Haywood County jail under $15,000 bond. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
VIDEO COURTESY OF CBS AFFILIATE WSPA NEWS 7
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker