Calling All Wannabe Jailbirds: B & B Behind Bars
Well, you now have your chance. The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department in eastern Missouri has come up with a novel way to put wannabe bad boys and girls behind bars, and all for a good cause.
Officials are offering the public a chance to stay overnight at the local jail to help pay for mattresses at a new addition.
But all this fun comes at a cost. The event is set for the evening of July 31, and $50 a person or $90 a couple. The would-be convicts will stay in a recently finished addition, tour the new facility, learn more about prison system. But that is not all for these jailbirds! They will receive Jefferson County "bed and breakfast" T-shirt, snacks, and souvenir mug shots.
Also included is a "get out of jail free" card. Those who want to leave early can, but they have to front even more money and have to give another $10. Proceeds benefit the county's jail maintenance fund.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan