Police Interrogation: Did a Peace-Loving Hippie Brutally Murder His Wife?
Jupiter, FL, August 2, 2006
After 27 years, the marriage of self-proclaimed hippies Bob and Toni Heartsong ended in murder when Toni was bludgeoned and stabbed to death. Bob had a seemingly air-tight alibi so he wasn't considered a suspect until six years later when DNA testing revealed his blood on her body.
Bob Heartsong was tried for Toni's murder, but found not guilty. The jury foreman later told 48 Hours that "10 or 11 if not all of the jurors believed he did it," but there was not enough evidence to prove it.
Click here to watch the entire "48 Hours | Mystery" episode.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles