More Details Released in McNair Murder
NASHVILLE, TENN. (CBS) Metro Police Department spokesman Don Aaron held a press conference Sunday releasing more details in former NFL star Steve McNair's murder.
When McNair's body was discovered with two bullet holes in his head and two in his chest, "he was seated on his sofa in the living room," according to Aaron.
Sahel Kazemi was on the floor near McNair.
"The gun was not readily apparent to the initial responding officers," Aaron said. "It was only when the bodies were moved… that the pistol was discovered underneath her."
Both bodies were clothed when discovered.
PREVIOUSLY ON CRIMESIDER:
July 6, 2009 - The Girl, The Gun and The Dead NFL Star
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests