Gas Station Robbers Run Out of Gas
Troopers caught 29-year-old Lonnie Meckwood of Carbondale and 51-year-old Phillip Weeks of Tunkhannock after their getaway car ran out of gas while they were trying to escape late Monday night.
They're accused of using a knife to rob a clerk at the Quickway Convenience Store in Kirkwood, 80 miles south of Syracuse near the New York-Pennsylvania border. The clerk was not hurt.
Police found the pair about a mile away. Their car was on the side of the road. They're being held in the Broome County Jail without bail.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home