"Win A Conjugal Visit with Drew Peterson"
CHICAGO (AP) Drew Peterson cracked jokes live from jail on Wednesday on a Chicago radio show that he called collect.
The former Bolingbrook police officer, charged in his third wife's death, offered snippets of a comedy routine on WLS Radio's Mancow & Cassidy show.
"$20 million bond. Legal fees: tens of thousands. Being falsely accused of a homicide that didn't happen: priceless," Peterson said in a spoof of a MasterCard commercial.
Peterson once proposed a "Win a Date With Drew" contest and offered a jail version called "Win a Conjugal Visit with Drew."
He also joked about prison showers, his legal fees and his "bling" handcuffs, saying humor is how he deals with stress.
During the nearly 7-minute phone call, Peterson tried out a few crude one-liners.
"I didn't understand why they had seat belts on the toilet until after I had a couple of meals here," he said while the hosts played a drum sound effect.
He also said he misses his children and has prayed and read the Bible during his imprisonment.
Peterson is charged with first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He is also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.
He denies wrongdoing.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web