'I Ain't A Monster'
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Yesterday, R&B singer Chris Brown posted a video on YouTube in which he tells his fans he's "not a monster."
Brown was responding to charges of assulting his former girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna. He has been charged with felony assault and making criminal threats against the pop singer on the night of the Grammy Awards in February.
In the video, the 20-year-old singer leans in and speaks directly into the camera, which appears to be positioned in front of a bowling lane. He talks about his new album called "Graffiti," and a single expected this summer.
Then he says: "Everybody that's haters, they just been haters. All my real fans, I love you. I ain't a monster."
Brown did not mention his former girlfriend.
It's not immediately clear when the video was shot. A publicist for Brown didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison