Cold Case: Mom's Body Stuffed In Freezer For 20 Years
London (AP) London police have discovered a woman's corpse in a home freezer 20 years after her death. They're now questioning the woman's 83-year-old daughter.
Britain's Press Association news agency says police searched the home of Daulat Irani 10 days after a neighbour reported that there might be a body in the garage.
Police believe the dead woman, Gulbai Murzdan, died 20 years ago.
They declined to comment on any relationship there might be between the dead woman and the woman being questioned.
The Daily Mirror reported that Murzdan's daughter hid her mother's body in the freezer wrapped in a black trash bag.
The newspaper said Murzdan had been living in the country illegally and that her daughter feared immigration authorities.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger's attorneys grill admitted killer John Martorano
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender