Harvard Shooting: NY Man Charged With Murder On Ivy League Campus
The Kirkland House dormitory at Harvard where a man was shot May 18. The victim, Justin Cosby, died the next day.
BOSTON (AP) A New York City man has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old man at a Harvard University dormitory.
Authorities say 20-year-old Jabrai Jordan Copney turned himself in Thursday night in Cambridge, Mass. He has been charged with murder, accessory after the fact to murder and possession of a firearm.
Justin Cosby, of Cambridge, was shot in the abdomen late Monday afternoon while standing on a stairway leading to a common area inside the dorm. He died Tuesday at a hospital.
Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone says Copney was visiting friends at Harvard and that Copney and others confronted Cosby and shots were fired.
Cosby's mother, Denise, has said her son attended Salem State College in Salem, Mass.
See More At The Harvard Crimson.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles