Man Shot Outside Harvard Dorm
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) Police are investigating the shooting of a man outside an entrance to a Harvard University dormitory.
Police said the victim was hospitalized in stable condition with a wound to his abdomen after the shooting late Monday afternoon at Kirkland House.
The university said the victim is not a Harvard student.
After the shooting, an e-mail was sent to Harvard students by administrators informing them of the incident and asking them to cooperate with police.
In a statement, the university said the shooting appeared to be "isolated."
No arrests were reported.
A witness told The Harvard Crimson student newspaper that thevictim, who appeared "college-aged," was bleeding, but conscious.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"