Police seeking the public's help in search of 9-yr-old missing autistic boy in Va.
HANOVER, Va. (CBS/AP) - Authorities are encouraging the public's help in the search for a 9-year-old autistic Virginia boy who disappeared on Sunday while on a walk with his family. Citizen volunteers joined the Hanover County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday in the search for Robert "Robbie" Wood Jr.
About 900 volunteers were being processed Tuesday , to help with the search, according to local news source Fredericksburg.com.
Police say the boy wandered away while with his father, brother and a woman at North Anna Battlefield Park on Sunday.
The 80-acre park is not fenced in, so officials are concerned Wood could have wandered off the property.
Wood does not speak. He has blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a red, long-sleeved T-shirt, blue athletic pants and blue shoes.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death