Protester allegedly raped at 'Occupy Cleveland'
According to police reports, the 19-year-old student was instructed by "Occupy Cleveland" personnel to "share a tent with the suspect due to a shortage of tents."
The suspect identified himself as "Leland" to the woman. The woman told police that after she thought the suspect went to sleep in his own bed, she slept in a sleeping bag provided to her by the rally, reports CBS station WOIO.
The student then went to school Monday and told a teacher about her sexual assault incident, which is now being classified as a "kidnapping/rape." This prompted the teacher to immediately contact the authorities.
"Occupy Cleveland" is one of many movements taking place nationwide in the wake of "Occupy Wall Street," which is protesting against corporate greed.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty