Fla. boy, 17, arrested for sex with 11-year-old in Port Charlotte church
(CBS/WINK) PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - A 17-year-old Florida boy has been arrested for having sex Sunday evening in a Port Charlotte church with an 11-year-old girl.
The boy has been charged with sexual battery, reports CBS affiliate WINK.
Charlotte County police were notified after the girl's mother brought her daughter to a Port Charlotte hospital for an evaluation, WINK reports. The mother reportedly said she was leaving church around 9 p.m. and couldn't find her daughter. She located her about 10 minutes later and said her daughter told her she had consensual sexual intercourse in a church bathroom, according to WINK.
Detectives interviewed the girl who reportedly confirmed that she and the boy had consensual sex in the 7th Day Adventist Church, also known as Bethanie French Sda Church. The boy and his father voluntarily came to the sheriff's office for an interview which resulted in the boy's arrest. He was transported to the Department of Juvenile Justice in Ft. Myers.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple