Remains of missing Md. boy William McQuain believed found
(CBS/WUSA/AP) CLARKSBURG, Md. - Montgomery County police say they believe they've found the remains of William McQuain, the 11-year-old boy whose mother, Jane McQuain, was found dead last week.
Police discovered the remains of a young, African-American boy at 9:11 a.m. Tuesday in wooded area of the county. Authorities began searching for William after his mother was found dead Wednesday night in the bedroom of her home in Germantown, about 30 miles northwest of Washington.
The medical examiner's office on Friday ruled that Jane McQuain died of blunt force trauma and stab wounds.
Police have been searching different trails and parks in northern Montgomery County, based on information they say they've received.
Jane McQuain's estranged husband, Curtis Maurice Lopez, was arrested in North Carolina Thursday morning as he tried to leave an EconoLodge and charged with first-degree murder, reports CBS affiliate WUSA. Lopez has waived his extradition and is due back in Montgomery County.
Ronald McCombs, Jane McQuain's ex-boyfriend, told The Associated Press that McQuain had recently been arguing with her estranged husband - generally about money - and that several times he refused to leave her condominium despite her pleas for him to get out.
Pennsylvania corrections records show Lopez served time from 1987 until his parole in 2000. Lopez and McQuain remained married while Lopez was in prison, but he reportedly had an almost nonexistent relationship with her during that time.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship