Parents of missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin hire Joran van der Sloot's former lawyer
(CBS/KCTV/AP) KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Joe Tacopino, a very well-known New York City defense attorney, has been hired to represent the parents of missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin.CBS affiliate KCTV.
"The truth will come out...and the speculation will be put to rest," said Tacopino, according to the station.
After Bradley told television audiences Monday that she may have blacked out in the hours before she and Irwin reported that their 10-month-old daughter Lisa was missing from their home early Oct. 4, Tacopino said his clients will no longer be speaking with the media.
He explained that the inconsistencies of Bradley's statement to the national media was due to a great deal of stress and pressure the family is under at the time, reports the station.
Tacopino praised Kansas City police for their investigation but insisted the parents have "nothing to hide."
The parents reported their daughter missing after Irwin returned home from working a night shift and found the front door unlocked, the house lights on, a window tampered with and the baby gone.
Bradley and their two sons were asleep elsewhere in the house.
Police have said they have no suspects in the case and no major leads. On Monday, the parents allowed the FBI to bring tracking dogs through their home. The FBI also searched a neighbor's house with the dogs, as well as the yard of the home where Bradley and Irwin have been staying with their two sons.
Tacopino's past clients include Joran Van der Sloot, the Dutch man suspected in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, along with politicians and police officers. He has frequently been seen on national television appearing as a legal analyst .
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home