Halloween decoration in N.C. seemed dead serious to someone
Chris Deaton created the stir, by placing what appears to be a body with bloodstained jeans trapped under the blades of a riding mower. The "victim"... is holding a can of beer.
The man behind the mower said this is his second year trying the trick, and that he did it because it got great reviews last year.
"It's cool for a Halloween ornament," Deaton said, according to CBS affiliate WBTV.
He says this year he moved it closer to the road.
The Salisbury Post reported Tuesday that the roadside attraction was realistic enough for one 911 caller to report what looked like a grisly accident.
Aside from that 911 call, Deaton says he hasn't heard any complaints.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls