Omaima Aree Nelson, ex-model who killed and ate her husband, is now seeking parole
Nelson, who immigrated to the United States from Egypt in 1986, was convicted of second-degree murder and received a sentence of 28 years for killing William E. Nelson,56, in their Costa Mesa apartment, reports CBS affiliate KYTX.
Prosecutors say Nelson killed her husband of less than a month, on Thanksgiving Day. She cooked his head and his hands. She then attempted to get some of her ex-boyfriends to help dispose of the rest of the body parts.
Nelson told authorities that she was under severe stress and her husband often physically and sexually abused her. She was found to have post-traumatic stress disorder in a psychological evaluation.
She will face a parole board in Chowchilla State Prison next Wednesday.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case