Actor Anthony Michael Hall arrested after dispute with neighbor
(CBS/KCBS) LOS ANGELES - Actor Anthony Michael Hall, who's stared in films such as "The Breakfast Club" and "Sixteen Candles," was arrested Monday night after a dispute with a neighbor.
CBS affiliate KCBS reports that police were summoned to the condominium complex in Playa del Rey around 10 p.m. Monday.
"A neighbor said he and Hall were involved in a dispute, and he was threatened by Hall," LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh reportedly said. "He said he wanted Hall placed under citizen's arrest."
The 43-year-old actor was arrested on suspicion of disturbing the peace and released on $500 bail, Borihanh said.
The neighbor told LAPD officers that Hall tore up plants in a common area of their condominium, according to the Los Angeles Times.
When the man confronted Hall, the actor allegedly responded with an obscenity and threatened to "beat him to a pulp," sources told the Times. Later, Hall allegedly challenged the neighbor to fight, prompting him to call police.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead