Aruba officials release last known images of Md. woman Robyn Gardner
(CBS/WJZ/AP) ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The Office of the Public Prosecutor of Aruba has released the last known images of Robyn Gardner, the 35-year-old Maryland woman reported missing on the island on Aug. 2, and her detained travel companion Gary Giordano.
According to CBS station WJZ, two pictures of Gardner's back were taken as she left a restaurant on the afternoon she went missing. In one photo, Giordano's back is also visible as they depart the Rum Reef Restaurant. Prosecutors also released a photo of a white Toyota Rav 4 that the two rented on the island.
Prosecutors have urged anyone who saw Giordano and "can give information on him, his contacts and the places he and the woman visited on the island" to contact the police or call a tip line.
Giordano has been detained on suspicion of involvement in the presumed death of the 35-year-old woman. He has denied wrongdoing. Searches by police have found nothing that might link him to her disappearance.
The 50-year-old businessman from Gaithersburg, Maryland, traveled to Aruba with Gardner on July 31 and reported her missing two days later. He told police that she disappeared while the two were snorkeling. He was stopped at the airport Aug. 5 as he tried to leave Aruba. Authorities said they found inconsistencies in his story.
Aruban authorities also confirmed that Giordano had an insurance policy that covered the missing woman. Solicitor General Taco Stein said the coverage was in the amount of $1.5 million.
Anyone who saw Giordano or Gardner during their stay in Aruba is asked to contact the Aruban police or to call the tip-line 11141. A separate phone line for tips has been opened in the United States. The number is 297-582-0695.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case