Playboy Playmate Shanna McLaughlin arrested in Fla. on gun charge
(CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - Playboy Playmate Shanna McLaughlin is in trouble after police say she tried to bring a .45 caliber revolver loaded with six hollow-point bullets through an Orlando airport security checkpoint in a duffel bag.
Thank God she didn't try to bring any hairspray or over 3.4 ounces of liquid!
The 26-year-old model, perhaps better known to many as Playboy Playmate of the Month for July 2010, was arrested Monday and charged with carrying a firearm in a place prohibited by law.
A police report says McLaughlin, who was heading to Los Angeles, told officers the gun belonged to her boyfriend. She claims she didn't know it was in her bag. She also has a permit to carry a concealed weapon but didn't have it on her.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn