Laura Jean Ackerson Missing: Mother vanished from Raleigh, N.C.
(CBS/WRAL) KINSTON, N.C. - Police in eastern North Carolina are seeking information from the public to find Laura Jean Ackerson, a missing mother of two from Kinston.
Police say the 27-year-old was last seen on July 13, dropping off her children at their father's home in Raleigh. She was driving a 2006, four-door, white Ford Focus with North Carolina license tag ZTL 7433.
According to CBS affiliate WRAL, Ackerson is co-owner of GoFish Graphic Design, a marketing agency in Kinston.
"She's the kind of woman who doesn't go missing," friend Alexandra Vanderlee told ABC station WCTI. "She should've come home by now. I'm very worried about her."
WCTI reports that police searched Ackerman's apartment building Monday and Tuesday and interviewed neighbors. No other information has been released.
"She's very outgoing, a great mother, entrepreneur, a very intelligent woman," Vanderlee told the station. "We want her home."
Anyone with information on Ackerson's whereabouts is asked to call the Kinston Department of Public Safety at 252-939-3160.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin