"Whitey" Bulger guns and money evidence photos released
(CBS/WBZ) BOSTON - A judge on Monday unsealed photos of evidence recovered from the Santa Monica, Calif. apartment where James "Whitey" Bulger lived for more than a decade. The photos show an arsenal of handguns, high-powered rifles and knives along with what appears to be a huge cache of ammunition and a grenade.
Other pictures show the stacks of cash recovered from the apartment. The money, according to authorities, totaled more than $800,000, reports CBS station WBZ. Police photos show that many of the items were hidden in the walls of the apartment.
Bulger, 81, was arrested last month after 16 years on the run. He's accused of murdering 19 people. Bulger's 60-year-old girlfriend, Catherine Greig, was arrested along with him. Greig is charged with is charged with harboring a fugitive and is seeking bail.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests