4-month-old missing Mich. girl Katherine Phillips missing, father charged
(CBS/WWJ/AP) LUDINGTON, Mich. - Sean Phillips, a 21-year-old man believed to be the father of missing 4-month-old Katherine Phillips, has been charged with kidnapping and child enticement.
Phillips was arrested after an Amber Alert was issued for Katherine Phillips, who disappeared Wednesday from her Northwest Michigan apartment, reports CBS station WWJ.
Katherine Phillips' mother told police that Phillips took the girl in his car. The child is believed to be in extreme danger and the Michigan State Police and the FBI have joined the search, the station reports.
Katherine is about 12 pounds, 24 inches long with blue eyes and no hair. She was last seen wearing a one piece outfit, white in color with black polka dots, pink straps, with a black and pink flower pattern.
Sean Phillips is 21-years-old, 5 feet 9 inches, 180 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair. Before he was located, he was driving a silver four-door 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue with Michigan license plate BUY0298. Police released his description in hopes that someone may have spotted him with the child, the station reports.
If you have any information on the alleged victim, abductor or vehicle, immediately call 911 or the Ludington Police Department at 231-843-3425.
Tips are also being taken at Silent Observer at 888-STOPCRIME.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call