Va. teacher charged in online child sex Skype affair with Pa. girl, say police
(CBS/WTVR) HENRICO COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia 5th grade teacher was arrested and charged with child sex crimes after police say he had an online affair - via Skype - with a girl from Pennsylvania.
Police in Henrico County and the FBI executed a search warrant at the home of 48-year-old Ty Levy Thursday morning, according to CBS affiliate WTVR.
Levy, who teaches at Gayton Elementary School and is also a high school tennis coach, faces a total of 12 sex counts, including 9 felonies, for his alleged online Skype affair with a girl under 18 from South Williamsport, Pa., WTVR reported.
The charges include depicting a computer sex act, child pornography, sex abuse, corrupting a minor and unlawful contact with a minor.
Police in South Williamsport are said to be leading the investigation. Virginia authorities joined the case in early June.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call