Amish sexting case catches Ind. man soliciting underage girl, cops say
An Amish man...with a cellphone...soliciting an underage girl for sex.
Could this be the Anthony Weiner ripple effect?
Police say 21-year-old Willard Yoder, of Milroy, Ind., intended to have sex with the girl in his horse-drawn buggy. Yoder told them the sexting began when he sent out a random text and got a response, reported WKRC.
The girl's mother discovered that text and went to police, who then set up a sting at a Connersville, Indiana restaurant. When Yoder arrived to meet the girl - yes, in his horse-drawn buggy - police had set up a sting. He was arrested on four counts of soliciting a minor, police said.
Investigators said Yoder later confessed to sending the texts. He was released on bond, and is to appear in court in September.
Even though the Amish typically shun modern technology, Milroy residents said they are used to seeing Amish people with cellphones.
Although perhaps not Amish people with cellphones, sexting.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan