"Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore pleads guilty in federal court to all charges
(CBS/KIRO/AP) SEATTLE - Colton Harris-Moore, the Washington state man dubbed the "Barefoot Bandit" during his 2-year run from the law in stolen boats, cars and planes, pleaded guilty Friday to all seven federal charges against him.
The 20-year-old entered the plea in Federal court, reversing the not guilty plea made last week, admitting to a years-long crime spree that spanned several U.S. states and the Bahamas.
Charges against him outlined in court included a bank burglary, stolen aircraft, taking a stolen aircraft across state lines, being a fugitive in possession of a firearm and piloting and aircraft without an airman's certificate, reports CBS affiliate KIRO.
Harris-Moore could face 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 years in prison when he's sentenced in October.
The two sides have been negotiating whether Harris-Moore could participate in book or movie deals to help pay restitution that could total about $1.3 million according to his lawyers. Federal prosecutors were to give details after the hearing on the plea deal reached with the 20-year-old's lawyers.
Harris-Moore earned the "Barefoot Bandit" moniker by allegedly committing some of the crimes without shoes.
The "Barefoot Bandit" will be covered Saturday 10/9 c. on 48 Hours Mystery.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life.."
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her