Calif. woman Carmen Montenegro found pushing a trash can of body parts, say cops
(CBS/AP) ONTARIO, Calif. - Fifty-one-year-old Carmen Montenegro was arrested for investigation of murder late Sunday after she was found pushing a trash can with body parts inside, according to police in California.
Montenegro, of San Bernardino, was arrested after residents in an Ontario neighborhood saw her with the trash can containing the incomplete set of human remains.
Investigators spent Monday excavating the property outside the home where the body is believed to have come from.
They found what may be body fluids in part of the yard, Detective Jeff Crittenden said.
"We have to wait for analysis to see if what we located is a match to the body itself," he said.
The home, which is about 200 yards from where Montenegro was spotted pushing the can, is owned by a relative of hers, Crittenden said.
He said police were looking into the possibility that the victim, who has not been identified, had been killed at the house, but he noted that the victim's body may have been taken to the house after being killed elsewhere.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death