Kerry Campbell, mom who injected 8-year-old daughter with Botox, loses custody, report says
(CBS/KYTX/AP) SAN FRANCISCO - It's a story that has caused an outcry around the world - Kerry Campbell admitted on national television to injecting her eight-year-old daughter with Botox.
Now, apparently, the girl is no longer living with her.
According to ABC News' Good Morning America, she has lost custody of her child and is under investigation.
According to CBS affiliate KYTX, Campbell is a beautician from Birmingham, England, who lives in San Francisco.
She first talked publicly about using Botox on her daughter Britney in March when she told UK paper The Sun that the drug was becoming common in children's beauty pageants.
Pageant officials deny those claims.
In an interview with the paper, 8-year-old Britney is quoted saying: "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, and when I see some I want more injections."
She also told the paper she wants a breast and nose job soon so she can "be a star."
Britney also said, "The injections used to hurt, but now I don't cry much."
The shots can be painful and aren't recommended for anyone under 18 for cosmetic purposes.
A source close to the girl told ABC News that she is not living with her mother, and she is doing well.
Kerry Campbell declined to tell "Good Morning America" where she got the drug but said it was a trusted source.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths