Texas teacher allegedly had sex with 5 students in her home
Kennedale High School teacher Brittni Nicole Colleps has been charged with five counts of having an inappropriate relationship between a student and teacher - a felony. The 27-year-old Arlington woman was jailed on $125,000 bond after turning herself in Monday morning.
Arlington police say the students were 18 or older, but it's a criminal offense for teachers to have sex with a student - no matter their age.
Police say detectives learned that the teacher and students had exchanged text messages that included sexually explicit pictures.
The Kennedale school system's attorney, Mike Leasor, says Colleps was an English teacher who's now on administrative leave.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web