Middle schoolers kicked off bus for "obscene gesture" - farting
The act was deemed an "obscene gesture" by Canal Winchester Middle School officials, and both received a one day suspension from riding the bus for violating the student code of conduct, reports the Columbus Dispatch.
Both students' parents reportedly say the school officials are overreacting.
"It's very laughable, that's what it is", says James Nichols father of one of the students, according to the Dispatch.
Nichols' wife Kristin Kuzora was reportedly less amused, due to a health problem.
"As a sufferer of gastro-intestinal issues who was recently hospitalized for these issues, I take great offense to passing gas being cause for suspension and marked as an obscene gesture," Kuzora wrote to The Dispatch.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese