Arrests made in murder of mom Krista Dittmeyer
(CBS/WBZ) CONWAY, N.H. - Three men were arrested Wednesday in connection with the murder of a young mother in New Hampshire in what prosecutors say was a drug deal and robbery.
20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer of Bridgton, Maine was found dead in a snow making pond near the Cranmore Mountain ski area in Conway April 27.
She was last seen alive on April 22. Her 14-month-old daughter was found unharmed the next day in a car in the ski area parking lot.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office announced the arrests Wednesday.
Anthony Papile, a 28-year-old of Ossipee, N.H., has been charged with second-degree murder. Trevor Ferguson, a 23-year-old of Tamworth, N.H., and 28-year-old Michael Petelis of Ossipee have each been charged with one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
Dittmeyer's family told CBS affiliate WBZ that they were not familiar with the three men.
According to court documents, the men plotted to steal money and drugs from Dittmeyer. When she went to Petelis' home in Ossippe, investigators say Papile hit her in the head three times with a rubber club as she walked up the stairs to the apartment.
Then, he and Petelis bound Dittmeyer in duct tape and put her body in the trunk of her car, drove to the pond and dumped it there, according to the documents.
Investigators say Papile then gave Dittmeyer's drugs and money to Ferguson.
Petelis was described by prosecutor as someone who had a relationship with Dittmeyer - a "friend" who called himself Dittmeyer's "protector" while her boyfriend is in prison.
Papile is being held without bail. Petelis and Ferguson were each ordered held on $250,000 cash bail.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case