Rebecca Black threatened over "Friday" video, police investigate
(CBS/KCBS) LOS ANGELES - Two death threats made against teen singer Rebecca Black, whose online music video "Friday" has gone viral, are being investigated by Anaheim, Calif. police.
The threats were made in March after the video had been viewed by millions of people on YouTube, Anaheim police spokesman Sgt. Rick Martinez said.
The video was first posted Feb. 10.
Black, 13, lives in Anaheim Hills with her parents.
One of the threats was made over the phone to her management company and another was emailed to her production company, Martinez told the station, both of which are in Los Angeles.
"In essence the threats were related to getting the music off the Internet or they were going to kill her," Martinez said according to KCBS. "We can't validate how serious they are, but we do take it seriously."
Even though Black's song has been called "the worst song in history" by some, the video has been viewed more than 110 million times.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt