Gucci Mane, rapper, arrested on battery charge
(CBS/AP) ATLANTA - Gucci Mane is in trouble with the law again.
The "Wasted" rapper, real name Radric Delantic Davis, was arrested Friday on battery charges for allegedly shoving a woman out of his Hummer on a suburban Atlanta road in January.
According to authorities, Davis approached 36-year-old Diana Graham at the South DeKalb Mall on Jan. 28 and invited her to breakfast. Police say once in the car, Davis offered the woman $150 to go to a hotel with him, then shoved her out of the moving vehicle when she refused.
Graham was taken to the Atlanta Medical Center in an ambulance to be treated for mild injuries and a warrant was put out for Davis' arrest, police said.
Gucci Mane can't seem to stay out of trouble. In addition to battery charges, the artist will reportedly be charged with violating his probation.
The rapper was just released last May from a 6-month sentence after violating his probation in 2009. Since his release, Davis has had several encounters with the law and was arrested for driving erratically, attacking a man, and was detained during a raid of emcee Waka Flocka Flame's home, reports Rolling Stone.
The artist has collaborated with both Mariah Carey and Usher, and his third album, "The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted" reached No. 4 on the Top 200 chart last year.
Watch the CBSNews.com report here:
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot