Applebee's accused of serving margarita to toddler
(CBS/WWJ) DETROIT - This was a kid's meal like no other. The mother of a toddler says an Applebee's in a Detroit suburb served him an alcoholic drink instead of apple juice.
According to CBS affiliate WWJ, Taylor Dill-Reese says soon after her 15-month-old son drank what actually turned out to be a margarita, she noticed that he wasn't behaving normally.
"He was a little out there," Dill-Reese told the station. "He was saying 'hi and bye' to the walls and he eventually laid his head down on the table, and we thought that maybe he was just sleepy."
So the concerned mother rushed her son to a nearby hospital, and when he was checked out by doctors, it turned out his blood alcohol level was .10. That's over the legal limit for an adult driver.
The local Applebee's manager has apologized and the chain restaurant's national office called the incident unacceptable.
An investigation by the chain is being launched into the incident.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case