Paz de la Huerta, "Boardwalk Empire" actress, arrested for assault
(CBS/WCBS/AP) NEW YORK - Actress Paz de la Huerta, the star of the hit HBO drama "Broadwalk Empire," was arrested after allegedly assaulting a former reality TV star at a Manhattan nightclub Sunday night.
De la Huerta, 26, reportedly threw a glass at model Samantha Swetra at the Standard Hotel bar before socking her in the face.
The New York Daily News reports De la Huerta tripped while trying to flirt with Swetra's friends and then lost her cool after the former cast member of MTV's "The City" joked about her being drunk.
According to CBS affiliate WCBS, Lindsay Lohan reportedly helped Swetra pull shards of glass out of her leg.
De la Huerta was arrested Tuesday night and charged with misdemeanor assault, police said. She was given a desk appearance ticket and released.
De la Huerta plays Lucy Danziger, the hot-tempered girlfriend of main character Nucky Thompson, played by Steve Buscemi, in "Broadwalk Empire."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out