Tina Adovasio Missing: Police search for New York mother of four, missing almost a week
(CBS/WCBS) NEW YORK - Police are searching for New York mother Tina Adovasio, who was last seen at her Bronx home around 9 p.m. Friday night.
Tuesday night, investigators said the 40-year-old nurse and mother of four had an argument with her estranged husband -- former police officer Edwin Coello.
According to police records, four domestic violence complaints over the course of the couple's rocky marriage have prompted visits by police, CBS affiliate WCBS reported.
Neighbors who spoke with reporters expressed both hope and concern that Adovasio would return home.
"We heard the neighbors, this lady and the gentleman fighting here a couple of days ago," Ruben Cordero told the station. "I've heard them fighting constantly in the past few weeks."
"We hope there's a glimmer of hope in that she's still alive and it's not for a bad reason that she left her kids behind," another neighbor told WCBS.
Coello told police that he and his wife were having an argument about her coming home late when she took off. Police sources told the station that Adovasio has left the home following a fight in the past.
Adovasio is described as 5-foot-5 and 135 pounds with a slim build. She was last seen wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and Ugg boots.
Crime scene investigators continue to comb the apartment to collect evidence as the search for the missing woman continues.
Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1 800 577 TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web