Casey Royer, ex-drummer for "Social Distortion," arrested for overdosing in front of son
(CBS) - The former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer, 52, was arrested in Orange County last week after allegedly overdosing on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son, reports TMZ.
Royer was watching TV with his son when he began to experience an overdose. His son ran next door for help, and the neighbors called the cops, reported the site.
The musician was immediately hospitalized nearby. He survived and was arrested soon after.
Royer has been officially charged today with one count of child endangerment and one count of being under the influence of heroin. He is being held on $120,000 bail.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles