Charlie Sheen sues, wants $100 million
(CBS/AP) - Unemployed actor and full-time Twitter powerhouse Charlie Sheen has filed a lawsuit against "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre and production company Warner Bros. for $100 million plus punitive damages, according to a report.
The lawsuit claims:
"Defendant Chuck Lorre, one of the richest men in television...believes himself to be so wealthy and powerful that he can unilaterally decide to take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of the popular television series, 'Two and a Half Men,' in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the Series the scapegoat for Lorre's own conduct."
Martin Singer, listed in the suit as an attorney for Charlie Sheen, says there was a conspiracy between Warner Bros. and Lorre to blame Sheen for the show's cancellation for the season, reports TMZ.
Warner Bros. spokesman Paul McGuire tells CBS News Warner Bros. has no comment.
After Sheen was fired he told TMZ - in the most colorful terms possible - that he was suing:
"This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc**k again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead