Food Network chef Guy Fieri has $200K Lamborghini stolen in daring heist
PHOTOS: World's 9 most ridiculously expensive cars
Investigators told CBS affiliate KPIX that the robber climbed to the roof of the Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus dealership, then rappelled into the showroom using mountaineering tools which he left behind. He then unlocked the garage door and drove the Lamborghini off the floor and out of sight.
Police are impressed with the lengths the robber went through Tuesday morning in order to steal the bumblebee yellow 2008 Gallardo. But even though the sports car can reach speeds of 190 mph, investigators do not think the thief will get very far, says KPIX.
According to The San Francisco Chronicle, Fieri, who hosts "Minute to Win It" and "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" on the Food Network, owns one of the most exclusive, distinctively designed and longed-for vehicles in the world, and given its neon color, the car will surely stand out like a sore thumb wherever it is driven.
"I'm sure it's a really hot item, and a lot of people are looking for it," San Francisco police Officer Eric Chiang told The San Francisco Chronicle. "It'll be pretty hard to sell, let alone hide."
Just what Fieri's luxury ride was doing in the dealership isn't clear.Fieri, who lives in Santa Rosa, could not be reached for comment, and the car dealership refused to discuss details regarding the stolen vehicle.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case