Charlie Sheen fired, plans to sue, says lawyer
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Charlie Sheen's lawyer says that the actor is planning to sue Warner Bros. Television and Chuck Lorre for firing the actor from "Two and a Half Men."
Marty Singer told RadarOnline.com that the position of Warner Bros. is "ridiculous" and that "We will proceed with our claims against Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. Nothing has changed in terms of that."
Sheen previously told TMZ - in the most colorful terms possible - that he was suing:
"This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc**k again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension."
Warner Bros. Television a statement Monday, saying, "After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on 'Two and a Half Men' effective immediately."
The statement came two weeks after production was halted on the show and Sheen began a media blitz defending himself.
When production was halted, Sheen's lawyer fired off a letter to CBS and Warner Bros. Television, demanding that the actor be paid for the eight episodes remaining in the season. According to the letter released by RadarOnline.com, "Two and a Half Men" producer Chuck Lorre "disseminated outrageous insults and derogatory remarks" about the actor, and that Sheen simply responded to the "campaign of harrass[ment]."
Before that, the show had been on hiatus while Sheen sought treatment in rehab.
Click here for complete coverage of Charlie Sheen on Crimesider.