Earful: Mass. teen Andrew MacDonald bites chunks off another man's ears, gets jail time
Andrew J. MacDonald, of Hingham, Mass., pleaded guilty to two counts of mayhem. David Traub, a spokesman for the Norfolk County District Attorney, said in a press release that the dispute between the defendant and the victim began with angry Facebook messages and escalated to physical blows outside the Weymouth, Mass. restaurant a couple days later.
MacDonald will serve 60 days out of a two-year prison sentence, of which the balance was suspended, said Norfolk Superior Court Judge Kenneth Fishman.The victim went to the restaurant to meet friends; however, MacDonald, his Facebook rival, was also in that group of "friends," reports The Weymouth News.
Traub stated the victim and MacDonald began yelling and punching each other.
"In the course of the fight, MacDonald grabbed the victim in a bear hug and bit his upper right ear off, and he spit the piece of ear out onto the pavement," Traub wrote. "As the fight continued, the defendant was again able to put the victim in a bear hug, at which time he bit the lower portion of the victim's left earlobe. The defendant then spit that piece of ear out on the pavement as well."
Luckily, one of the victim's friends picked up the severed ear pieces and then transported the victim to the hospital for treatment.
Judge Fishman agreed with the prosecution's request to order MacDonald to undergo mental health and substance abuse evaluations and treatment.
He also ordered MacDonald to write a letter of apology to the victim.
(Imagine, we told this whole story without any mention of Mike Tyson.)
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"