Marion Barry, former D.C. mayor, gets "the boot"...on his Jaguar
(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - D.C. council member and former mayor Marion Barry has piled up so many parking tickets the tire of his Jaguar got "the boot" Tuesday.
TBD.com reports that a boot was placed on Barry's wheels while the car was parked on the street outside his southeast Washington home.
The records show that Barry has a total of nine unpaid parking tickets that total $705. The notice on his vehicle said he would have to pay at least $520 to have the boot removed.
Barry, who staged an improbable political comeback after being busted for crack possession in 1990 and getting re-elected mayor four years later, says a couple of parking tickets are nothing to sweat over.
He says he will "pay whatever" is owed and the booting is "no big thing."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias